WEEK 4: TOWN FEATURES
The Town of MunMun is a fast growing logging town located west along the river Galmere, south of the dreaded Devilwoods. The town recently had an economic boom when the newly founded LICOT LOGGING COMPANY arrived to begin harvesting lumber from the nearby forest. The town’s population is around 800 and growing. Odam Licot , the owner of the Logging Company, is hiring adventuring types to clear out any ruins or monsters they come across while logging.
FIND OR SKETCH OUT A CITY/TOWN MAP
|Draft Map of Mun|
NAME SEVERAL SHOPS (LOOK AT EQUIPMENT LISTS):
- JAMAS’ GENERAL STORE [GENERAL GOODS]
- GODO’S  FURNACE [BLACKSMITH]
- THE GROTTO OF ILLICIT DELIGHTS [BROTHEL]
LOCATE & DESCRIBE EACH OF THE FOLLOWING IN A SHORT SENTENCE:
A Political Faction and it’s Rival
The Earl of Mun; Rewis Tane  is unnerved by the Lumber Companies growing influence in Mun. Tane wants the town to return to the “old ways'' and not disturb the evil Devilwoods.
A place the characters could lose all their money
A secret gambling den is housed in the Grotto of Illicit Delights, the town’s brothel. Only after building a good relationship with Madam Frytha  will the characters be introduced to the gambling contacts. Hosts traditional gambling games but it’s signature is illegal Snail Racing.
A place people gather to hear news or speak their mind
The town square has a bulletin board where the local’s share news, rumors and minor job requests.
A Secretive Guild Hall and it’s reputation
Mun is home of a renowned esoteric guild of stonemasons known as The Order of the Titan’s Fist. The order built and maintains the town’s walls.
Best place to get food and a bed
Edmund’s Repose & Respite [TAVERN], owned by the grizzled retired adventurer Edmund Fontour . Famous in town for his Special “Immortal Stew” (that has been stewing for 13 years, or so he says) and will pay good coin for rare meats like dragon flesh to throw in the pot.
A religious center and the god(s) to which it is devoted
The residents of Mun worship a great water spirit named Undine who resides in the nearby river. Her temple lies in the middle of the river and requires a boat to reach. An elegant fountain shrine to Undine is found at the center of the Town Square for more convenient worship.
A feature unique to this town
The Violet Tide is a blessing by Undine where the water around the town turns a pronounced shade of violet on the last day of the month from dawn to dusk. During this time rare black carp appear for the townsfolk to catch, the carp are said to bring good luck if eaten [True] and also act as an aphrodisiac [False].
CREATE 5 NPCs, each with a D.N.A (Distinguishing Trait/Need/Agenda)
- ODAM LICOT -- The owner and founder of Licot’s Logging Company (D). Unearthed dungeons and rampaging monsters keep delaying work in the local forest. Licot is looking for adventuring types to take care of these delays (N). Licot is attempting to amass enough wealth to forcibly take Mun and begin to build a new empire (A).
- GODO -- A dwarf exiled from his homeland for committing a terrible blasphemy. Godo is able to forge magic items but does not make this known to anyone, save those who may aid him in reconciling with his past (D). Wishes to atone for his past mistakes but does not know how (N). Will continue to do mundane forging work as a personal penance (A).
- REWIS TANE -- The Earl of Mun (D). Tane takes his duties as Earl very seriously but lately a seed of greed has planted after seeing Licot’s excess wealth thrown around town. Tane will hold onto his position of power by any means necessary (N). Tane has reached out to an assassin’s guild in Dis and begun negotiations to take out Licot (A).
- MADAM FRYTHA -- Cursed by an old witch to retain a youthful appearance but experiences excruciating pain when touched (D) Wants to be free of the curse (N) Has begun attempting to court Licot in order to get enough funds to find and hire a Curse healer. (A)
- EDMUND FONTOUR -- A heavily scarred, snow haired adventurer with a prosthetic hand and eye. (D). Loves to hear stories from active adventures and will offer a free meal for particularly good ones (N). Secretly wishes to go on one last adventure and die at the end (A).