Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Dungeon Idea & Blog Highlight

Heaven but it's a dungeon?

Holy smokes! April is almost over and I haven't posted jackshit. So much for once a week...

UPDATE
Anyways. Looks like I'll be able to start running games IRL soon again, my family and I were lucky enough to be to get fully vaccinated early-thank god.

As for the campaign prep; I keep drawing campaign maps and tossing them. I don't know why, they look cool but I just hate them for some reason. I think I might just go the minimalist route and grab a free dungeon off the internet and run a b/x (ose) campaign "off the cuff". What I'll probably end up doing is cram-prep like a day or 2 before the actual game date, as I usually do lol. 

BLOG HIGHLIGHT//DUNGEON IDEA
I found a blog called I Cast Light!  and really enjoyed their post about encumbrance and sins. Especially because a couple of years ago when I was deep into LotFP stuff I had a similar idea for a (mega?)dungeon set in heaven that utilized sins as encumbrance. The characters (17th century ruffians) would stumble upon a stair to Heaven during their travels, maybe after finding a mass grave or something. The floors of paradise would be made of stained glass and as the characters explore they naturally gain treasure and sins (literal encumbrance/weight of guilt) which causes the glass to crack beneath their feet. Too much treasure or sins and they fall through the glass to their doom. I might actually make this since I had forgotten about it until I read the blog I wrote about above.

What do you think? Dumb idea or great?

2 comments:

  1. Hey! Glad you enjoyed the post on sin and burden. And I think the "brittle floors" idea is good for a more standard dungeon as well. Maybe even as a test at some good-aligned cleric's stronghold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea, might be a good trap room too. Love your blog btw thanks for reading mine!

      Delete